The Quirky Side
on 5.02.2008.I've been tagged by Q. Krysta to write 6 quirky things about me. How fun! And you must click on her link and check out her quirky photo. It's just too good to pass up. I had so much fun reading the blogs of the other quirky ladies tagged before me that I couldn't pass up the chance to jot down just a few little things I do.
1. I always take off my seat belt before I stop the car. Usually it's on the street before I turn into our cul-de-sac. If I'm going to a store, I take it off as soon as I turn into the parking lot. Now...Tylan does it too. Such a bad habit. Rob is always telling me to keep it on but I seriously can't do it. Bothers me if I do.
2. I never drink during a meal. Even if I have a drink sitting in front of me, I rarely take a sip of it. I have no idea why. When I finish eating, then I drink. Makes sense to me.
3. I tilt my head to the right slightly when I drive. I noticed this a few years ago. There is no explanation for why I do it - I just do.
4. I always cut my own hair. First, I despise making hair appointments. I like to go when I want to go and usually they are booked. Second, they NEVER make my hair look good. It doesn't matter if I spend $14 or $100, for some reason the idea of blowing it completely dry and running a straight iron through it is a concept they've never heard of. So....I cut it myself. The other day I spent an hour thinning it out and it definitely looks better then the cut I got a few days earlier! I've also straightened it, permed it, colored it and high-lighted it myself....I guess I should've been a hair stylist.
5. I am obsessed with jalapenos. I just love 'em. I eat them on everything. Pizza, sandwiches, pasta, everything. Yum!
6. I'm crazy about being on time, which to me, is at least 10 minutes early. I get very anxious when I'm running late, or even worse, when someone else is making me late. Just last night we were picking up new furniture and then heading to Ty's baseball game. We left late,the traffic was terrible, we took about 10 wrong turns, and there was no way we were going to make it to the game on time, or even close. With every wrong turn my anxiety level rose. To the point of almost making myself sick. The only thing that is worse.....someone else being late. UGH! Drives me nuts. As if my time is less important.
Since I don't know too many other bloggers I had to get creative. So, I'm tagging Fuzz from TK on Toast. Even though his blog is a sports blog, I know he has some fun quirks and the boys over at TK like to add personal posts every now and again. And I'd also like to challenge Andrea and Paula to enter the blogging world. You've both visited here and have adorable children to blog about AND it's an easy and fun way to share photos with friends and family. Have fun!
May 2, 2008 at 3:37 PM
You're on! I'm going to post mine on Monday.
I liked reading yours and Krysta's lists. Very entertaining. You married the wrong guy with the whole time thing. I didn't know that about you. Love Rob to death, but he is the exat opposite of that!
May 3, 2008 at 9:13 AM
Oh I love it!! The seatbelt thing cracked me up as Michael does that and we have to say, "nooo, not until the car stops." Never stops him though! I knew the Queens could do "Quirky" because, well, let's face it...we're nothing BUT Quirky!!