Mother's Day

on 5.21.2008.

Mother's Day was so wonderful this year...but then again, it's always wonderful. After all of the cold, rainy days we've had this Spring, I was happy to see the weather cooperate. Other than a cool breeze it was perfect. Bright and sunny. A perfect day to be outside watching the kids play.

I had extra time to make the table look pretty since Berto took the kids to Target for the morning to get the groceries we needed for the day. He also was so sweet and stopped to pick up a dozen pink roses from him and the kids.




I received some beautiful gifts...John and Linda gave me a gorgeous hanging planter of impatiens and two full flats for our front flower garden.



The girls got me adorable little lime-grasshoppers planter guys (so adorable). I placed one in the impatiens and the other on my hanging basket on the porch.




I was surprised with a funky hand-painted shoe print from my parents. My mom painted it the day before just for me...lucky girl. She is so creative and talented.



And the best gift of all was Rob and his friend, Matt, finishing painting our dining room (toffee crunch) and living room (bridle). It was a BIG project that included the ceilings and multiple coats of paint. They just finished on Sunday and I am in love with both rooms. Especially the living room. It's such a dramatic difference from the yellow we had and looks so nice with the new couch and chair. I can't wait to put the finsihing touches on it.




When the day was done and we were putting the girls to bed, Avery asked when it was going to be Happy Kid's Day? The funny thing is, when I came downstairs to sit with Tylan for a little bit before his bedtime, he asked the same question. Happy Kid's Day...why not!

1 Response to Mother's Day

  1. Capture

    You were spoiled girl...as you SHOULD BE!!! I love the paint colors..Now, did you or Roberrrrrrto pick them out? :) Your dining table looked so nice for Mama's day...and Quzicous said she has such a special day with her girls and grandbabies! I'm home in June too so let's plan something!!