The Beautiful (Awful) Walnut Tree

on 10.20.2008.

Whenever we are out in Hastings, the girls love to help Grandma and Grandpa pick up walnuts that fall from the big walnut tree in the backyard. I can't say that Grandma and Grandpa enjoy it as much. They are constantly battling the squirrels and the walnuts. The squirrels that live in that old walnut tree love to sit right above the deck and not so carefully pick apart the walnuts. If the walnut pieces happen to land in one of the many flower pots or tomato plants on the deck the toxicity of them will eventually kill the plants. They also give off a dark brown walnut oil when you pick them up. So, John and Linda try very hard to keep them picked up so they don't ruin the plants or the yard. I think I remember Linda saying that one afternoon she picked up over 100 of them. But, the girls don't mind at all. So that's their job when they are out there. Picking up walnuts.

We had dinner out there on Sunday night so I thought I would get a picture of this beautiful (awful) tree!

No Responses to The Beautiful (Awful) Walnut Tree