A-T-O-S-E-N-N-I-M
on 4.09.2008. Filed under: averyThis was our conversation with Avery as we were driving down to Rochester Easter Sunday.
Hey Mom, I know how to spell my name backwards.
You do?
Yep. Wanna hear me?
Yeah.
Ok. Y-R-E-V-A.
Wow, nice job Ave!
I can spell dad too....D-A-D.
Oh come on Avery, that was an easy one. Why don't you try something harder. How about Minnesota! (thinking I would really stump her)
Ok. A-T-O-S-E-N-N-----I------M
In unison, Rob and I turn to each other and say "is that right?" Sure enough, it was.
We knew that she could spell Minnesota because her and Ally constantly sing the UofM rouser but we had no idea she could do it backwards. No one taught her, she just knew it.
She is an inquisitive little bugger. Always asking questions, always wanting to learn. What time is it? What time will it be in 10 minutes? What road is this? What road will we turn on next? What is 4+4? What is 100+1+1? The questions never stop. I guess that is a good thing! I just hope the enthusiasm for learning continues when she gets in school.
No Responses to A-T-O-S-E-N-N-I-M
Post a Comment