Academic Achievement Award
on 6.05.2009. Filed under: tylanYesterday was Tylan's last day of 6th grade! Wow. It's still hard to believe.
Earlier in the week I was able to attend the award program at his school and he was presented with the Presidential Academic Achievement Award for all of his hard work this year. Tylan struggled a bit during the first part of the year, but once we recognized the issues he worked extremely hard and persevered. He improved all of his grades, many of them to A's and also got A's on both of his last two book reports. He has taken responsibility of his own work and created a new system to stay organized between both households.
He is heading off to Jr. High in the Fall and will be participating in the first year of the new STEM Program (Science Technology Engineering & Math) at Metcalf Jr. High in Burnsville. I think he's going to love it and 7th grade will be even better than 6th.
Tylan,
We are so very proud of you! No matter what, you work hard with no complaints. You wake up early to review for tests, even when you are tired from a late night baseball game. You also never complain about staying up late to finish homework if you have a long hockey practice. You are kind and considerate and a great friend. These qualities are going to follow you through your life and you are going to be amazing because already at age 12....you are amazing.
We love you!
Mom & Rob
June 6, 2009 at 8:11 AM
Ok now I am once again crying and it is only 8 in the morning. I had not been on my computer for a long time and so am up early catching UP. This is such a great award for Tylan and we are so proud of him too! You made it happen that is all I have to say about that. You are a FANTASTIC MOM and he loves you so much. I hpe his game is going good this a.m.
Love Mom and Dad......
June 6, 2009 at 1:21 PM
WOW! Way to go TY!(and mom and Rob) You all worked so hard this last year! I am such a PROUD Aunt!! You should be sooo proud of Tylan he is a very special kid.... kind, gentle and so loving! and I love watching him continue to grow into a wonderful but "cool" Jr. High kid!
I love you TY! (and family!)