Class of 2022
on 5.21.2009. Filed under: avery
She cried and clung to me when it was time for her daddy, sister and I to leave. It was a classroom filled with blocks, books, posters and kids. The teacher gave me that look. The look that tells a mom to go ahead and leave her, even if she cries. So I peeled her little arms off my neck and I handed her off and walked away without looking back. I knew she'd be fine. I tried hard to concentrate on what the principal was saying and the all the dates and forms I needed to remember, but my mind kept wandering back to my little girl. Was she doing okay? Was she meeting other kids, coloring and having fun? I knew she was but I still couldn't help but wonder.
Finally, the presentation was over and we hurried back to her classroom. I saw her sitting quietly at the desk coloring a picture. She looked up and saw us and got a huge smile on her face. She patiently walked over to us, making her way through the other kids and parents, to show us the fish that she had colored. The same teacher that sat with her as I left came over, nodded her head and said that she did terrific.
We continued on with our tour. She had her little passport to Kindergarten in her hands and was so excited to get a stamp for each place we visited. She said thank you for all of them.
I can't believe she's heading off to Kindergarten. Class of 2022.
May 22, 2009 at 2:12 PM
OMG now I am crying and I will look even worse than I did ! I cannot believe she is this old and going off to school and a whole new world that awaits her. New friends, learning new things. She will love love love it and she will be so good in school. She is our little "Squarepants" and now she will be meeting all kinds of new friends. She is just precious. xoxox
May 22, 2009 at 8:48 PM
Charity OMG I am just so lucky to have been given a chance to be an Aunt to these precious children of yours!! I love you!!